Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Day at the Lake

I am currently sitting by the lake watching my kids swim. Actually, I'm sitting under some pine trees, being eaten by bugs, watching my kids swim, and people watching. This lake is part of the state park system of Georgia. The same state park system that I buy a yearly pass to so my kids can enjoy nature and I can enjoy watching our eclectic society!

I'm feeling a little behind the times here.You see, I'm not wearing a swim suit. Yes, I know its odd to take the kids to the beach with no intention of getting in the water, but at 80 degrees its still a little cold for me to brave a spring fed lake. Additionally, I'm a little self conscious about how I look in a swim suit. I'm ten pounds from my "ideal" weight, and in all my current swimsuits either boobs, or butt, or both hang out. My running tan lines and five kid stretch marks don't help my swimsuit confidence either. My darling husband has pointed out none of these insecurties should be a worry of mine at this establishment.

He has a valid point! First, there is visible proof of why the southeast is the heaviest in the US, and they're all wearing two pieces. Second, there are also tramp stamps galore! Shoulder tatoos too (and these are women in my age bracket). Did I miss a fashion memo that tatoos are now a required fashion accessory, because if they are I'm going to be out of fashion for a long time! Lastly, a number of these overweight,  tatted, mothers are also smoking, which is always unflattering in my book!

The kids are having a good time. Hopefully,  there having a good enough time that they go to sleep early and I can shop for a nice, flattering one piece for our next beach adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment