Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Too Tired

I'm TIRED! Really, really tired and I'm tired of being tired! I'm on vacation and had some pretty big plans to clean the house, plant the garden, run/walk everyday, bake and cook fantastic meals! Unfortunately my body has other ideas. It's tired and refuses to keep up with the large list of to do's I made for the vacation!

It's not for lack of trying to stop being tired on my part. Really, I've taken some pretty drastic measures to feel awake! I've tried pumping it full of caffeine and sugar! Yes, direct sugar! Brown sugar to be exact, and I'm proud to say I ate a whole table spoon of brown sugar, chased with a coke and still wanted a nap! Did I forget to mention I had 8 hours uninterrupted sleep the night before? Well, since that hasn't happened since I had kids I was kinda hoping for a little more oomph, but still felt like I could of slept for another 8 hours! I went for a walk tonight and took the kids with me to ensure I'd keep my eyes open while I stumbled along the side walk! There attempts of witty conversation were valiant and loud, but when I saw the baby pass by asleep, I knew that's what I really wanted to be doing!

I'm not really use to being tired, or at least not this tired for this long! A friend of mine told me vacation is for resting and my body has the right idea! My mom told me its probably my thyroid (because I really need another medical problem) and I should use this time to see the doctor. My darling husband has let me sleep in everyday this week so I might not feel so tired. These are all great suggestions/advice but I'm getting tired just trying to figure out why I'm tired. If I'm still tired tomorrow, I think I just might dress up like sleeping beauty and wait for Prince Charming to arrive with a caffeine drip!

No comments:

Post a Comment