Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Honey What?

Just watched my first and last episode of TLC's Honey Boo Boo! Can you say that show is doo doo? I swear I just lost twenty IQ points in thirty minutes!

First, let's examine the show's inclination for promoting stereo types of Southern people! Most of us don't live that close to a train and don't have pigs that we keep in the house! I won't even go into the accents, and the subtitles, but since I brought it up TLC only gets about half of what they say correct with the subtitles! The majority of people in the South do not have babies before graduation, nor do they have ridiculous nick names such as the ones on this show!

Second, the lack of knowledge about basic biology and hygiene is appalling! I know the mon is morbidly obese, but your kids shouldn't point out to you that you need to wash under your folds of fat! The fact that you let your kid sleep in a play pen with a pig who carped in the play pen is just crazy! I'm sure the biology or health teacher that gets the daughters will be so impressed with their knowledge of "biscuits" and eating babies as a way to get pregnant!

Instead of paying for pageants and coaches for pageants, I suggest that a court appointed guardian supervises the Honey Boo Boo family's spending. The money would be better spent on education, gastric bypass, soap and education. Lots of education!!! Of course at 40-60 grand an episode, I'm sure TLC is already prepping for Honey Boo Boo moves to the country club. If I knew that the standards were so low, I would have pitched my family for a TLC show years ago! Maybe there's still time?

No comments:

Post a Comment