Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Doing it all with lots of stuff. The story of my life
2012 Peachtree, Doing it All













Over the last couple days I have received several emails and texts from people in my life saying they can't do something.  They all have valid excuses, family, vacations, events, temporary illness etc. I admire these people because I'm not real good about saying no. I'm also perturbed by these people because they are healthy, enjoying their family, events etc.

My admiration and irritation is well founded because, you see, for at least 15 to 20 days a month I wake up nauseous and with a pounding headache.  I see spots and vertigo is a constant friend.  Sometimes it's hard to get the right words out of my mouth. Light, noise, and smells are too much for my senses to process without pain. I take eight seizure pills a day, an aspirin, magnesium and something for my stomach due to all the meds I take to only have 15-20 headaches a month. The Imitrex that gets rid of the headaches and allows me to be my normal, overactive, over committed self is held hostage by the insurance company at least once a month, thus increasing the severity of migraine (more on that later in a later post).

So on those few days that I feel good, I try to get as much done as I can because I know that they're will be days in the near future that that I won't be able to do much but breath in a dark, quite room. They're are lots of days that I should stay home, lay down, relax, but I don't because I said I was going to do something, or someone is depending that I do something, so they can do something.

I'm working on saying no, only doing those things that are necessary and add to the positive side of my life. I'm still not very good at it, but I think that's due to the fact that I think most of the things I do add to my life. I'm trying to cram as many positive things as I can, because the pain of the migraine is looming around the corner. So, for all the people in the last couple days who have said no, backed out, rescheduled, thank you for being an example to me that I should be doing more of limiting my commitments so I can truly focus and enjoy the ones I choose to keep.

Steff

No comments:

Post a Comment