Thursday, December 26, 2013

Waffle Maker Irritation

This post is a little different than the my running and illness posts. Such situations like today happen on occasion and are entertaining to others (I hope). I am an easily irritated person when it comes to simple things that aren't so simple, like finding a waffle maker. One would think this quick after Christmas that there would be plenty of waffle makers in stock. I can't imagine that its a high demand item, but apparently I'm wrong.

I started my journey at Wal-Mart, where you should be able to find everything and get an oil change! Yeah, not so much! Not only were the waffle makers not with the small appliances, there was only one out of box $40.00 waffle maker. It was torn up. When I asked the sales associate for some assistance she told me to go to IHOP or Waffle House. Crazy says what?

I then drove across town to Target. It looked liked a place that had been picked over by a horde of elves. There were few associates to help, but I was able to find three waffle makers and only one was under $40.00. I left with a $20.00 waffle maker, but not before the cashier wondered why I just didn't go to Waffle House. Really?

I really had no idea that waffle makers were in such high demand. If I was a conspiracy type person I'd think that Wal-Mart, Target, IHOP, and Waffle House were all in the waffle maker shortage together! That would be as irritating as the waffle maker search today!

No comments:

Post a Comment