Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Too Much

Some days are just too much! Some diseases' side effects are too much and some days life in general is too much! One of the great side effect of Hashimoto's is weight gain. A second side effect is depression. When the two meet at 5:30 in the morning its too much!

I have a favorite dress fron LL Bean's. Its plaid and flannel and comfortable. I had bought large tights to wear with my favorite dress since it is finally cold enough in South Georgia to wear it. I was prepared for it to be a little tighter than last winter, but when I couldn't even pull it down over my chest and then I had to ask my husband to get the dress off. It was a struggle!  I was near tears!

As if that wasn't enough indignity, the new tights I bought wouldn't even go up over my calves. That was too much! I was fighting back tears, looking for something to wear that was professional looking and I could fit in! There wasn't much to choose from which depressed me further.
Since I've never heard of anyone calling in sick because they got stuck in their favorite dress and were dissolving into tears, I resolved myself to the fact that it was going to be a fat day and there wasn't much I was going to do about it. Hopefully,  my coworkers wouldn't notice and since they've never seen my favorite dress I figured I could suck it up and carry on.

When one of my coworkers told me I looked liked Mary Poppins it was too much. I wanted to go home sick. Today Hashimoto's side effects were too much today. Hopefully I'll have better luck starting my day tomorrow.  I hear elastic waist pants accommodate too much so, I might start there!

No comments:

Post a Comment