Friday, October 19, 2012

Showing the Love

I read a blog post recently from a man who listed the 26 reasons he loved his wife. He gave a reason for each letter of the alphabet and they were a little tongue and cheek. I liked the idea, but I'm not creative enough to match reasons with letters of the alphabet. Besides, I'm not sure my husband has qualities that match letters of the alphabet. The idea has been calling me (okay, I can't resist a challenge) since I read the blog post. So, in my infinite wisdom, I'm going to try to make a wordy, shout out of love for a fantastic man, my husband! Here are the ten reasons I love my husband, because more than ten would give him a big head!

10. We have known each other for a very long time! This saves a lot of time because he already knows about my past.

9. He's always at every finish line with a smile and a coke! I should probably be more impressed that he drives me home without a word about how bad I smell, but the coke tastes really good after 13.1 miles!

8. He refrains from commenting on how bad I sing, or how loudly I sing. I do both frequently!

7. He remembers to put the toilet seat down and taught all of our boys to do the same! Pretty cool considering they're only two girls in the house!

6. He really doesn't care what other people think. He is who he is, like him or not. He doesn't need other people's approval, but he is quick to brag about our family! Ask all the other doctoral students at my graduation ;)

5. He asks me how I'm feeling, knowing its a fifty, fifty shot that I'll be having a good day. He's willing to carry me in from the car, but not before I ask. He's achieved a balance of assisting me when I'm ill and letting me live as normally as I can with my health conditions! This has to be pretty difficult because I'm pretty difficult!

4. He thinks I'm beautiful and tells me so everyday! He's also smart enough to tell me I'm not fat when I question if eating double stuff Oreos, chased with a coke will make me fat!

3. He's my right hand man (even if he is left handed)! He's always willing to help me with my endeavors from coaching to painting my nails!

2. He helped me make two beautiful boys inside and out!

1. He's my best friend in the whole wide world, and like any best friend he loves me despite my all my flaws!

I hope his head doesn't topple over after reading this, but I just wanted to show a little love for the man who walks (and carries) with me on my journey!




No comments:

Post a Comment