Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I Do By Myself

I have always been the person that can do by theirselves. I do myself was probably my first phrase. So, today that fundamental part of my being has been undermined by medical professionals who are looking out for my physical well being. In looking out for my best physical well being, they have neglected my psychological well being. Slightly melodramatic I know, but after they brought in the third neurologist today, I think I'm entitled (at least for today)!

What has me out of sorts? First, a severe allergic reaction to my abortive migraine med means no more trusted abortive migraine med. Of course I could have another severe allergic reaction to the new med because its in the same family and this time I might not be as lucky as the last allergic reaction! Second, the medical professionals are trying to rule out epilepsy. Yeah, more tests that I can't afford for a condition that can severely limit my "do for myself" tendencies! Lastly, I have been put in seizure confinement! Seriously that's what it feels like! I'm 38 and feel I'm too old for a babysitter! I do by myself and have since I was eleven! The new rules are no showering without supervision, no climbing heights above three feet, no cooking over hot flames, and no driving! My family is also considering adding no running BY MYSELF!

Now we're going to far! I'm independent by nature and fully intend to stay that way, seizures or no seizures! Too much babysitting, too much confinement, is just too much! So while I'll try to follow most of my new rules I'll be running (or walking) by myself! Friends and family are welcome to come run with me in order to enjoy my company, but not to babysit. Any other reason won't let me do what I can do by myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment