Friday, October 12, 2012

Coaching With Headache

Someone asked me today if coaching wasn't a big headache I could do without. Probably. My husband would tell you yes, my kids would tell you maybe and I would tell you I coach with a big headache, many, many, many times with a really BIG, BIG, BIG, HEADACHE! I've coached inside with a headache and outside with a headache. I have travelled to and from games/meets with a headache. I have arrived and left with a headache! If I've coached it, I've coached it with a headache! I've had headaches so bad that opposing teams ask if I'm okay! I've had headaches so bad that the trainer thought I had a stroke! Headache, coaching, and I go way back.

Headache has been my assistant coach for the last sixteen years! Like any partnership we are use to each other. Headache steps in if I run too hard, if I yell too much or if the games moving too slow! I know if its raining, if its hot, or if the gym lights flicker because Headache will be right by side telling me to sit my ass down and watch the game (usually quietly because my yelling gives Headache a headache)!

So, the official answer to "isn't coaching a headache you can live without?" is yes, but he's been my assistant coach for this long it would be sad to see such a coaching team retire!

No comments:

Post a Comment