Monday, August 13, 2012

Tired, Well Beyond Tired

Fatigue is a common symptom of chronic migraine and rheumatoid arthritis and it's a common villain in my daily life! Fatigue causes migraines and joint inflammation to be worse, but it also makes it hard to live the life I want to live.

For instance, I haven't run in almost a month. My feet are swollen from adjusting to standing most of the day. I also wake up most mornings feeling like I didn't sleep more than three hours. Neither one of these symptoms helps further my training or my goal to run a marathon! This week I'm trying two for Tuesdays (2 miles Tuesday am) and 3 for Thursdays. Maybe running at 5am will get things going!

Another instance, well tonight was first day of school paperwork fill out night. You know,the night where your kids come home with 20 papers that are "so important you have to sign them right now" night! When you keep nodding off and every joint hurts, it's hard to write legibly and stay on the designated line. Thank God my kids all have teachers who are familiar with our family! It'll also be nice when the kids are old enough to fill out their own paperwork and all I have to do is sign. Hell, they can sign for me, I'll never tell!

Lastly, in an effort to fight fatigue I now live a very scheduled life. Up at 5 in bed by ten, weekends and weekdays in an effort to stay off fatigue and be a functioning member of society. Most days it works, some days like today it doesn't and I'll be ready to collapse by seven pm. I can't collapse because there's laundry to be done, dinners to be made and hugs to be given! I feel bad that I'm not the wife, mother, coach, or teacher that I want to be because some days I can't move out of my own way. I'm trying to learn how to savor the good days and stay strong on my bad days, but today that has just been plain old tiring! So today I give in and will look like the picture below, in hopes that tomorrow I'll have endless energy!

1 comment:

  1. That is a pretty intense schedule! Lots of women (and men) have bodies that require 8-9 hours of sleep to function optimally. But then again, I don't know many moms who get that. :-/ I hope things improve and you feel more rested soon!

    ReplyDelete