Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Hard Day

Mama said there'd be days like this and I wished she'd kept her mouth shut! Today was hard and derailing to my current project/ quest for happiness and less stress! My support system at home is busy with their own quests of internal happiness, so I'm on my own and I don't like it! If your picturing me crossing my arms, pouting my lips and stomping my feet right before I bust out in tears, then you have a clear picture of my psyche today!

Started my day with an ugly incident with a student of mine that is like one of my own kids. Nothing worse then knowing the current mess is going to change a student's life, probably not in a good way, and all you can do is hand them a tissue and pat their back until the ugliness is done! It's a horrible feeling knowing the grown ups around you messed things up for a kid and there isn't anything you can do to fix it but hold their hand and try not to cry with them while their world falls apart! I hope my student knows how dishearten I am about the ugliness he's going through right now and that he has a grown up in his corner.

Second, trying to convince my son to keep a family tradition going was an extremely trying experience! I really don't want a three hour lecture from my mom about all the things I've done wrong in my life because he doesn't want to comply! I'm a little old for a brow beating from my mom, but know its coming if said son can't get with the family tradition. I continue to fail to understand why he refuses to enjoy the milestones towards adulthood (driving, class rings, letterman jacket, homecoming)! It drives me crazy worrying he'll look back and wished he had!

Third, I went to the dentist! I hate the dentist! Cleaning my teeth hurts, my gums bleed, and I never leave there without a whopping treatment plan! Today's damage? Two fillings, surgeon consult, one crown, two fractured teeth that will require crowns and possibly root canals to avoid infection of my jaw! Did I neglect to tell you Elijah must have braces ASAP with a 400 down payment, the water heater has died and I need 2000 in dental work done! That was a little hard to digest.

Lastly, Elijah screwed up his meds! Not sure how, when or why, but he did! My husbands dog got her paw stuck in the kennel and appears to also be having seizures! I forgot the milk and know I'll forget being the tooth fairy later tonight, I've washed the same load of laundry four times in the last two days (please don't let me have ruined my coaching shirt) and have been fighting a losing battle with fleas!

It's been a hard day! I'd love to curl up and have a nice long cry, but then I'd have a nice long migraine so I won't indulge in a little self pity right now! That will make for a really hard day! Here's to an easy peasey day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment