Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Attitude check

"I have my own attitude so you can keep yours!" I can't count how many times in the last twenty years I have said that to athletes, students and my own kids! I'd like to say it to some adults, but can't afford to go to jail, and I'm really too old to get my butt beat in public. Since I'm a coach, teacher and parent, I feel it's my calling from God to address this attitude issue head on! If it applies to grown ups you know, well that's just bonus education!

First, who said anyone was entitled to whatever they want in this world? "You have to play me. You have to share/feed me. You should give me respect/items/food/rides etc because I'm me." End entitlement behavior! It doesn't help make productive members of society! Entitlement does nothing for the human race but insure populations that can't sustain themselves! (remember the fall of Rome people?) Besides, I really feel I should be entitled to slap the attitude right off your face, but I don't because I'm not entitled to and could go to jail for doing so!

Speaking of faces, or body language in general, the answer is yes I saw it and yes you did it! Huffs, puffs, eye rolling, pouting, shaking your head, neck gyrating,pouting, gritting your teeth, I saw it! Please, let's stop pretending everything's okay when I ask you what the problem is? I can read very well thank you, and that includes body language and facial expressions! Just tell someone what the problem is so they can help you find a solution!!

Lastly, sarcastic,insulting, passive aggressive verbal banter just tells me your ready to play! Be careful, because you're not going to point out flaws that my mother spent years addressing, so others won't. Highly doubtful that comments about my looks will bother me either since I've never fancied myself attractive. Oh, and if your going to pull out the "b" word? Please get my title right, Dr. Head B In Charge! I'm not entitled to the title, I've earned it through hard work!

I work very hard to keep my attitude in check. I'm trying hard to be positive and show empathy to those around me, but just remember if you choose to show me your attitude, I'll show you mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment