Saturday, June 7, 2014

Comfort Food

Yesterday was a little rough emotionally and physically.  In the morning I had a corticosteroids shot in my ankle joint and it hurt like hell. 4 inch needle being moved around an already painful joint is not the way most people start the festivities for their oldest son's high school graduation,  but that's how I roll. Dealing with my unhappy mother,  apathic graduating son and an ex - husband who hasn't seen his kids in a year leaves me emotionally raw. When I'm not emotionally feeling my chipper self I want comfort food.

Food is NOT just for stomach nourishment in my house. Food is also nourishment for the soul in my house. We use food to show love. Ever have someone bake you a cake from scratch? It's a little more difficult then the stuff from the store or the box and the dishes it makes...that's love! We use food to comfort hurts both physical and emotional.  I have found taking two fresh, homemade chocolate chip cookies provides as much comfort as any pill.

All that being said, what's one of my all time favorite comfort meals? Well pizza always works, but if someone wants to show me care and comfort, nothing beats breaded baked pork chops,  long grain and wild rice and home made bread or corn muffins (the ones from the Jiffy box, please). I like to chase it with a cold coke or lemon aid. I'm not too picky on the bread or the drink. 

After yesterday's physical and emotional drain I decided to care and comfort myself with that meal. I even made strawberry lemon aid! Due to the draining effects,and now being able to find my ankle bone again, I treated my self to a coke and strawberry lemon aid. Now, some ice cream for dessert and a dark chocolate mint before bed and I should almost be recovered!

No comments:

Post a Comment