Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Don't Know

I am currently sitting in bed, in the only position that isn't causing extreme pain down my entire left side, with the heating pad on high. I don't know what the hell I did to myself today to cause such pain, but I hope it was gracefully done. Since I sent my wonderful husband out to get me a cup cake, and I'm kinda stuck in my current position, I've started to think about all the other things I don't know. I thought it might help pass the time if I shared a list so, here goes.

1. Bruises- where do they come from? I currently have six bruises on my legs and only know where one came from. If I whacked myself hard enough to get a bruise, surely it should of registered somewhere in my brain.

2. Socks- I started with a pair and now there is only one? Don't know where socks go, but sure would like to match them on occasion.

3. Mathematics as the language of the universe- math makes my head hurt. I don't know when numbers and computational skills became a language that can explain the existence of all things, but I've attempted to read some literature on this subject and still know nothing.

4. Parenting- I don't know why some people attempt parenting. I don't know how you qualify as a good parent. I don't know why when you're being a good parent your kids hate you. I don't know why studies are showing parents are less happy than non parents. They must not have met my kids because I'm pretty happy I've kept them happy, alive and productive this long!

5. Brownie points- I don't know where this term came from, how to keep up with them, or why my husband and children think they can trade them in for when they do something stupid!

6. Dieting- I don't know why there are so many. I don't know why there isn't a chocolate, pizza, coke and cupcake diet that makes you thin.  If we can put a man on the moon, surely we can figure out how to make food taste good, without harmful chemicals, and lots of calories.

7. Professional athlete pay- I don't know why we pay these people more than teachers, members of the military, police or fire fighters. I don't know why we act surprised when professional athletes get caught doing stupid things with all that money. Its not like we're paying them to solve math problems, or cure cancer. You pay professional athletes lots of money to run and do something athletic with a ball, not be rocket scientist.

8. Undergarments at Wal-Mart- I don't know why bras are optional. I don't know why your underwear has to be visible. I don't know why someone thinks its okay to go a store in their undergarments and then be mad when people look at them

9. Bed time- I don't know why kids fight bed time. I don't know why grown ups should feel guilty for going to bed early. I say let all people sleep until they're rested and not cranky.

10. I'm sure there's a million more things I don't know... but my cupcake and pain meds have arrived. I don't know if they will help but, its not the first thing I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment