Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pre Peachtree

It's the night before the Peachtree and rain is in the forecast.  My gears laid out, my MARTA pass bought, and my number affixed to my belt. My official start time is 8:18, and the elites will be done before I start, but there are no worries or fears because there will be people ahead of me and people behind me! 60, 000 runners will come together for a 6.2 course and the celebration of being free to run on the streets of Atlanta!

I'll be up at 4am, on the train by six and at the start by seven (yes that's am). I'll run walk 6.2 miles, pick up the coveted race tee, and head home for a red white and blue cake for breakfast. I'll finish the afternoon with a nap, wake up to make fried chicken and mac and cheese then watch the Pops on PBS. Not a bad way to spend a day where we celebrate our great country and the freedoms we have!

(A big thank you to my supportive husband who will be looking for a dry spot to take a nap while I'm running!)

Happy Fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment