Saturday, September 7, 2013

Doctor Visit, Up and 174 Days to Go

I was supposed to run five miles today with my pace group, but I went to the doctor's instead. I did my 30 minutes Thursday, but its been a rough week and everyone could tell. My principal told me to go home and rest this weekend.  No football game tonight, just rest and take Monday too if I need it! (Have I mentioned how much I love my new school) My stomach has been bothering me and I feel like I have a piece of candy stuck in my throat.

I slept in until 830am, ate, showered and went to the doctor.  The doctor took one look at my throat and said it was obvious I had strep! I was surprised by her announcement because I haven't been running a fever and my throat doesn't hurt. Blood work doesn't show elevated white blood cells and they never ran a strep test. An antibiotic shot and steroid shot and a four hour wait later no one knows what's wrong with my stomach or why I've put on about ten pounds in the last month or why by 8pm I look six months pregnant.  I should of stayed in Albany and run my five miles. It would of been cheaper and I'd probably feel better!

Because four hours in the doctor's office wasn't enough, we went to get Zeke a phone. While we were there my husband got me an Up band to see if that will provide some insights into my health. It's a cool gadget and now I don't have to deplete my cell phone battery when I run. Super excited to try it out tomorrow when I do my five miles because in 174 days it will be tracking my first marathon! I'll keep y'all posted on how it worked tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment