Sunday, June 7, 2015

Hiatus

It's been four months since I last wrote a blog post. There are a multitude of reasons behind this. Some are valid and others are just me being, well out of touch to mull life over.  I did get the flu (twice).  My husband seems to have worked non stop since Christmas so, any time I get to spend with him I try to give him my undivided attention. Unless I'm reading from the Outlander series, which is well written and has filled the last two months of my spare time with thoughts of Galiec and time travel. There was also the end of a school year (both my personal children and school children) to close out so, it's not as though I've been doing nothing. Honestly, I'm not sure how many people read my blog and doubt it has been missed.

Someone asked if I'd given up writing. The answer is no, I'm just contemplating writing a novel. Writing a novel is a lot to contemplate and as I currently struggle with balancing my health, family and work responsibilities I'm not sure how to fit such an endeavor into my schedule. When I was younger I would of just found a way, usually when everyone was asleep.  Now, with my Hashimotos, I value my 7-8 hours of sleep a night. Having teens and tweens in the house means there is rarely a time when someone isn't up and writing has always been a solo activity for me. Exhaustion is real my friends and not for the weak of heart. Risking my tenuous health to write the great American novel would not be well received by my husband and children.

Things are fairly scheduled here. Get up, go to work, come home, make dinner and go to bed. I'm bored and restless with the same thing day in and day out, which means I spend a lot of time in my own head, contemplating the best way to shake things up without the disruption of the lives of the people who love and depend on me. I'm not made up of the stuff to just cut and run on some wild adventure while there are others depending on me to do something  (like keep food clothing and shelter in place). I'm hoping a vacation back to Maine and possibly some travel in the fall will help put life back in perspective. Either way I'll try to be a little better entertaining the masses with my little blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment