Monday, August 25, 2014

I Don't Understand Tired

I'm sitting here silently fuming that physically well people did not complete their assigned tasks today, which in turn means I can't finish my assigned tasks! I saved up on my energy so I could stay up past ten to complete my task! Today, I heard every excuse that grown ups use when they don't complete their "homework!" Most of them I've heard, but when I was told I wouldn't understand how tired a person was because they had family obligations all weekend,  well that pushed a button.

I'm tired all the time. If I don't get at least 8 hours of sleep then I'm ready for bed at noon. I push hard during the week and would like to fully participate in family functions, but I have to take a nap after grocery shopping. In fact, I have to take a nap or rest after many things I do now. Its part of the joys of Hashimoto's. Being functional requires 6 supplements, a special diet, a highly managed sleep schedule and "management" of stressors.

Do you know what causes me stress? People who open their mouths and say I don't understand tired! Hey, people does the medicine you take every morning make you nauseous?  Does a change in the weather make neurological process like speech difficult for you? Does physcial exertion fatigue your muscles to where they shake and or cramp? Does having five kids, a job and coaching not mean I understand tired? Probably not in their world, but I assure you I understand tired. When looking to give me an excuse next time, how about trying the dog ate it. That excuse doesn't push my buttons and we can all carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment