Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sewing and a Migraine to End Vacation

There's classical music playing, the hum of a sewing machine as old as I am in the back ground and the clicking of the keyboard.  That's what the last day of vacation looks like around here when your trying to get rid of a migraine before you go back to work and get things done.  When our AC went out last weekend, my husband found a pretty high end sewing machine in the attic, cicra 1970 something.  Thank God it had its instructional manual and with my daughter's new found enthusiasm for attempting to use it, we decided it would be a good mother daughter bonding project to make a quilt for the living room.  (It looks easy enough on Pinetrest, right?)

Someone's proud of herself!
I cut most of the pieces because after one yard of fabric, Josie realized that sewing could be a little tedious.  She likes to use the machine, which is fine with me because I think bending over it yesterday is what escalated my headache to an 8 (as well as the bologna sandwich and two days of homemade bread).  Its at a 5 this morning, which is somewhat manageable as long as I don't plan on doing anything too strenuous (like running, or cleaning, or moving fast).  Lucky for me I did my long run (2miles) for my half marathon training yesterday, because it surely would not get done today.

So the plan for the rest of today is to attempt to get rid of this headache, assist as needed with the quilt making and put away some laundry.  I'm sure there will be a couple naps and supper making in there, but really the day will be a success if I can stay upright with my head attached to my shoulders.  Anything else that gets done will be due to my wonderful family or a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment