Sunday, January 20, 2013

I'm Sick

Okay, I'm sick! There! I admit that most days I'm sick. Migraines, arthritis, asthma... anyone of these three are legitimate reasons to be under the weather, but the recent addition of stomach issues has brought me to the conclusion that I'm sick and have been for about a month. It has also brought me to the conclusion that the meds I  take for my chronic conditions could be the root cause of my stomach issues! Through most of my cronic conditions I continue to live a pretty full life. I run, I work, I bake, I attempt to keep up with the demands of our busy family, but stomach pain with everything I eat has cut into my pretty full life!

My stomach is effecting my life to such an extent that I have contemplated giving up coke a cola, the base of my diet for the last twenty-five years! Today, I bought gluten free sandwhich bread mix, which is a huge deal considering bread and I have had a love affair all my life! Fried foods (another love), chocolate (who doesn't love chocolate?), cheese, milk, bacon, ice cream, and now my go to food pizza, all cause gastro upset! What the hell do I eat that won't cause gastro upset?

I don't have a clue, and since I've lived all my life with the comforting presence of really good food (both cooking it and eating it), I'm conceding that I'm sick! They say the first step is admitting you have a problem, so here goes....eating causes me nausea, cramping, bloating and frequent trips to the rest room. There, now that I have admitted I'm sick I would kindly appreciate if these gastro issues would go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment