Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Dizzy Day

I have spent the last couple of weeks battling vertigo,  really, really bad vertigo! My days feel like I'm on a tilt a world and I'm never getting off.  In fact I have spent a good bit of time laying on my side and gripping whatever solid object is nearby, including the random child who walks by wanting to know when I'm getting up to play, make dinner, transport etc.

I had big plans for break too. Lesson plans for all of second semester, baking up a storm, running thirty miles, cleaning, just all the stuff you don't get to do when your working. I didn't get much of that done. I baked...some.  I ran.... some with a partner (otherwise known as a babysitter and when I ran by myself my husband had to pick me up twice). I planned.... some (I got a unit on Europe planned and now just need to create the support materials).  Other than that the only thing I did get done was be a wrestling mom, and I have the video and brusies on my hands from clapping to prove it!

Today, I had a root canal (yeah something crossed off my to do list) and my wrestler had a state qualifer that I couldn't miss. I drove the boys over to the school, left during weigh ins and returned back to the meet after the root canal. I made it back to the meet, but the up and down of the dentist chair made my vertigo a thousand times worse than it was all week. I spent thirty minutes laying down on a bleacher until the tilt a world in my head calmed down.  My mouth was a little sore, but the novacaine held the pain in check so I could show my vocal support for the team. The boys weren't at their best either, but despite the dizziness, the root canal and some of the boys wrestling sick, the team was region runner up and will go to state Thursday! Proud of the boys, but proud of me too that despite the dizziness I was able to get some things done this break. I might not have got all the things done, but I was present and able to share some special memories with the important people in my life and that's a qualifer for a state championship in itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment