Friday, July 10, 2015

Maine Travels

The Saco River
I have returned from a much needed vacation to Maine ten pounds heavier and a phone full of pictures.  Hopefully, the four kids that went have a lifetime of memories to go along with the extra pounds that they brought back (both in food and items).  We crammed a lot into our week and a half.  Old Orchard Beach, Popham Beach, Family Picnic, Boston, University of Maine Tour, Portland Seadogs Game, Kayaking down the Saco, North Conway and Freeport Outlet shopping, 4th of July 10K and strolling down memory lane.

Pier Fries at OOB: Part of my 10 Pounds
I grew up in Maine, went to high school there and promptly left during college.  Other than visiting my husband's family, we went to Maine so I could do some research for a novel I'm working on.  We also went to tour the University of Maine for some of the children who think six months of snow, in the middle of nowhere, sounds like the perfect place to go to college.  I thought it would be fun to do a series over the next couple weeks on our adventures in Maine.  It will be nice to share my home state with readers and relive some new memories as I return to the grind of school.  To wet your reading and viewing appetite here are a couple photos from our vacation.

Popham Beach
Portland Headlight
Boston Freedom Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment