Monday, November 4, 2013

One Step Forward, One Step Back

I was supposed to run 12 miles last Saturday,  but instead walked 2.5 and started to bleed from my biopsy.  I didn't realize that your uterus would take so long to heal from a "minimum invasive procedure," but it did take two rounds to get the sample. Note to anyone reading this. .. minimum invasive procedure is a relative term, meaning its going to hurt like hell, but the insurance company says we can do it in the office with no pain meds! I had the biopsy Thursday evening and Wednesday was the first day of no bleeding and no cramping. One step closer to answers, one step further away from my marathon training.

Finding answers is not easy, but like my workout plan, I keep checking off tests and possibilities.  Its a tiring and frustratingly long process, which is probably like training for a marathon. Unlike finishing a race, I'm not sure what emotions will be on the other side of whatever diagnosis I'm given. Like a finish line in a race, I would like to get a diagnosis quickly so I can get on with my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment